The GLA Oversight Committee is responsible for a range of matters
GLA Oversight Committee
- It responds on the Assembly’s behalf to formal staffing consultations from the Head of Paid Service
- Monitors scrutiny expenditure and approves the expenditure over a certain level
- Approves rapporteurship proposals
- Oversees the programming of the Assembly’s business
- Recommends to the Mayor a budget proposal for the Assembly for the financial year
- Allocates the budget for the financial year.
In addition, the GLA Oversight Committee has responsibility for scrutinising any actions or decisions taken by the Mayor on matters relating to education.
The Committee usually meets ten times a year.
Contact the GLA Oversight Committee
If you have a media enquiry relating to the GLA Oversight Committee please contact:
External Relations Manager
020 7983 4228
If you have a query about the GLA Oversight Committee Committee and its work please contact:
Principal Committee Manager
020 7983 4425