The Housing Committee scrutinises the Mayor’s role and record in delivering the private, social and affordable homes London needs.
- Investigated how to stabilise the private rental sector to give tenants more security
- Explored how to improve student accommodation in the capital
- Looked at how communities, housing associations, councils and developers could work together to make a success of estate regeneration
- Examined the role of overseas home buyers in the capital’s housing market.
The Committee is currently investigating what more the Mayor could do to ensure that Londoners get the best housing deal from TfL land. It will also consider the key issues in developing the kinds of sites TfL has available.
Leonie Cooper AM will also be undertaking a rapporteurship into Encouraging Biodiversity in New Housing Developments on behalf of the Housing Committee examining how to encourage a more strategic and longer-term approach to green infrastructure delivery and investment in London developments.
- At Home with Renting: Improving security for London’s private renters - stabilising the private rented sector
- Providing affordable homes for rent - letter to the Mayor about how to support the building of new affordable homes for rent in London
- Who can afford to live and study in London? - letter to the Mayor on student accommodation
- First Steps on the Ladder – is shared ownership working?
- Knock It Down or Do It Up? – making estate regeneration work for all
- Letter to the Mayor on gypsy and traveller sites
Feedback and news coverage
In the news
- London housing: conflict and consensus about landlords and rents - The Guardian
What will success look like under Sadiq Khan - The Guardian
Looking at London's biodiversity - London Live
Contact the Housing Committee
If you have a media enquiry about the Housing Committee, please contact:
External Relations Officer
020 7983 5769
If you have a general query about this Committee and its work please contact:
020 7983 4394
If you have a query about the Mayor of London's housing work, please contact 020 7983 4000.