Solar Together London is a group-buying programme that enables Londoners to install solar panels on their homes at an affordable price. Part of the Mayor's plans to make London a zero carbon city.
Solar Together London
Households and small businesses can register their interest to have high quality solar panels (PV) their roofs, and with support from local authorities, the Solar Together scheme will group purchase solar panels at a very competitive price on their behalf and install them.
The following London boroughs are supporting Solar Together:
Brent, Camden, Ealing, Enfield, Hackney, Islington, Kensington & Chelsea, Kingston, Lewisham, Merton, Newham, Sutton and Waltham Forest (although Londoners from other boroughs are also welcome to register).
Solar Together London is now in its third phase, following two successful rounds that saw 624 London homes receive solar panels through the scheme.
How does it work?
- Registration: you register for free. You need to tell us details of your roof, like its size and position. The more people that register, the better the deal for each household. Registration does not commit you to anything.
- Auction: an auction will be held when approved installers submit their lowest prices.
- Your personalised offer: two weeks after the auction you will be contacted with a personalised offer, based on the specifications of your roof. It includes your costs and how much money you'll save over time.
- You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your offer. There is no obligation to continue. You will have several weeks to decide and will be invited to visit an information session.
- Installation: if you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to schedule a survey of your roof and set an installation date. Your installation should be completed within six months after you accept the offer.