Update: Solar Together London is now closed to new applications. Sign up to hear more information about future schemes.
Solar Together London
Households and small businesses can register their interest in having solar panels installed on their homes and buildings, and with support from local authorities, the Solar Together scheme will group purchase high quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels at a very competitive price on their behalf and install them.
Solar Together London is part of the Mayor's plans to make London a zero carbon city by 2050.
The Mayor's Solar Action Plan, the first of its kind in London, sets out how the Mayor will seize the opportunity for solar energy in the capital and put London on track to achieving 1 gigawatts (GW) of installed solar capacity by 2030.
How does it work?
- Registration: you register for free. You need to tell us details of your roof, like its size and position. The more people that register, the better the deal for each household. Registration does not commit you to anything.
- Auction: an auction will be held when approved installers submit their lowest prices.
- Your personalised offer: two weeks after the auction you will be contacted with a personalised offer, based on the specifications of your roof. It includes your costs and how much money you'll save over time.
- You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your offer. There is no obligation to continue. You will have several weeks to decide and will be invited to visit an information session.
- Installation: if you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to schedule a survey of your roof and set an installation date. Your installation should be completed within six months after you accept the offer.
Find out more
For more information about the scheme, visit our Solar Together London website where you can register for the scheme and leave questions in the contact form. A freephone helpline is available to answer any further questions.
Can anyone in London register?
Solar Together London is now in its second phase, running in the following boroughs:
- Kensington & Chelsea
- Waltham Forest
The scheme matches residents who want solar power with expert installers in their local area and so for practical reasons this phase of Solar Together London is concentrated in these areas of London.
Londoners outside of these boroughs may still participate in the scheme, but this will be subject to installers’ availability in your area.