The Met’s Trump tactics
As the murder toll in London surpasses 50 this year, the London Assembly Police and Crime Committee questions the Met on tackling the violence. The Committee will also probe tactics for protests associated with the Trump visit.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Policing of protests (including the visit from the US President)
- Tackling violence
- Hate crime
- Antisocial behaviour
- Independent Custody Visitors
- Sophie Linden, Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime, MOPAC
- Sir Stephen House QPM, Deputy Commissioner, MPS
The meeting will take place on Tuesday 4 June 2019 from 10.00am in the Chamber at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend
The meeting can also be viewed LIVE via webcast or on our YouTube channel.
Follow us and take part in the meeting discussion using #AssemblyPolice and #PoliceQA
Notes to editors
- , Chair of the Police & Crime Committee is available for interview.
- Find out more about the work of the .
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Alison Bell on 020 7084 4228. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.