Is London & Partners performing for London?
This meeting took place on 4 November 2015. Read the transcript here.
The job of London & Partners (L&P), as the official promotional company for London, is to promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital.
Its aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
The London Assembly will tomorrow ask questions about the work of L&P with guests:
- Sir Edward Lister, Board Chairman, London & Partners,
- Gordon Innes, Chief Executive, London & Partners.
Following this, London Assembly Members will submit motions on topics including:
- A rush hour lorry ban
- A review of the planned exhaust emission standards for the ULEZ
- The Port of London Authority’s Cleaner Thames Campaign
- Protecting the Universal Free School Meals for infant school pupils in London
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, 4th November from 10.00am in The Chamber at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend.
The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Notes to editors
- Full agenda papers
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
- For media enquiries, please contact Alison Bell on 020 7983 4228. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.