Met Commissioner faces London Assembly questioning
Tomorrow, the Met Commissioner, Dame Cressida Dick, will appear before London Assembly Police & Crime Committee to answer questions on how the Met is tackling violent crime in London.
The Commissioner is also due to give a statement on the recent attack in Streatham, South London.
Other topics to be discussed include:
- The Met’s structural changes
- Private police forces
- Tackling financial fraud
- Operation Midland
- Extinction Rebellion
The guests are:
- Dame Cressida Dick OBE QPM, Commissioner, Metropolitan Police Service
- Robin Wilkinson, Chief of Corporate Services, Metropolitan Police Service
- Sophie Linden, Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime, MOPAC
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, 5 February 2020 from 10.00am in The Chamber at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend
Follow us on Twitter @LondonAssembly and take part in the meeting discussion using #AssemblyPolice and #PoliceQA
Notes to editors
- Read the agenda papers.
- Unmesh Desai AM, Chair of the Police & Crime Committee is available for interview.
- Find out more about the work of the Police & Crime Committee.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Aoife Nolan on 020 7084 4067. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.