It’s time to tackle hate crime head on
The number of hate crimes reported to the Met have been on the rise since 2011.
The London Assembly Police and Crime Committee publishes its findings on what the Mayor and Met Police can do to help tackle hate crime in the capital on Monday.
The launch will take place at in Chelsea Football Stadium from 10am.
The speakers are:
- Carlton Cole, former West Ham and Chelsea player
- Unmesh Desai AM, Chair of Police & Crime Committee
Time and location: Monday, 30 September 2019 from 10.00am Stamford Bridge, Fulham Rd, Fulham, London SW6 1HS.
MEDIA ARE INVITED TO ATTEND BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT
Notes to editors
- Unmesh Desai, Chair of the Police & Crime Committee is available for interview.
- Find out more about the work of the Police & Crime Committee.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Aoife Nolan on 020 7983 4067. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.