Is MOPAC’s Commissioning programme working?
With increased devolution of funding streams from the Government and more investment from the Mayor, the Mayor’s Office for Police and Crime (MOPAC) has taken responsibility for operating local, sub-regional and regional commissioning models to deliver services. This has led to MOPAC’s commissioning budget increasing significantly to £53.6 million for 2019/20.
Programmes currently commissioned by MOPAC include:
• The London Crime Prevention Fund
• The Co-Commissioning Fund
• The MOPAC Victims’ Fund
• The MOPAC Integrated Victims and Witnesses Service
Tomorrow, the London Assembly Police & Crime Committee will discuss MOPAC’s commissioning activities and the effectiveness of MOPAC’s programmes.
The guests are:
- Sherry Peck, Chief Executive of Safer London
- John Trend, Director of Oxygen
- Sam Cunningham, Director of Criminal Justice Services, MOPAC
- Tom Burnham, Head of Policy and Commissioning, MOPAC
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, 22 January 2020 from 10.00am in Committee 5 at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend
Notes to editors
- Read the agenda papers.
- Unmesh Desai AM, Chair of the Police & Crime Committee is available for interview.
- Find out more about the work of the Police & Crime Committee.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Aoife Nolan on 020 7084 4067. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.