News from Andrew Dismore: Sadiq awards Castlehaven Open Space £15k
Labour London Assembly Member for Barnet and Camden Andrew Dismore welcomed news that Castlehaven Community Association, working in partnership with local schools and Clarence Way Estate Tenant Management Organisation (TMO), has been awarded £14,550 to transform Castlehaven Open Space into a new green resource for the community in Camden. The project, known as Greenhaven, will create a nature study park with an outdoor classroom for local primary schools, with features including new trees and shrubs, amphitheatre seating, accessible planters and sensory gardens.
Mr Dismore said:
‘The Mayor is taking the environment seriously, and helping residents of Camden to enjoy green spaces. These projects make our city more liveable and have huge physical and mental health benefits.’
Local Councillor Lazzaro Pietragnoli said:
‘Castlehaven is a fantastic local organisation providing support for people of all ages, from nursery for kids to social events for pensioners. This new funding from the Mayor not only will help develop new activities but will also contribute to tackle the problems of the environment that are one of the major concerns in the area.’
Notes to editors
- Andrew Dismore is the Labour London Assembly Member for Barnet and Camden
- A total of £1.13m has been awarded to 55 projects through the Mayor’s Greener City Fund Community Green Space Grants 2018. Projects have been awarded between £5k and £50k each.
- These projects will run from now until the end of the year, and aim to improve and increase green space across London.
- They give community groups and local people the chance to design and create new and improved spaces, helping to make London the first National Park City.
- See projects near you on our Greener City Map: www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/environment/parks-green-spaces-and-biodiversity/greener-city-fund/greener-city-map
- They follow the award of £400k to 29 projects through the Community Tree Planting Grant Scheme in November 2017.
- Further funding rounds for both schemes will be announced in 2018. Applications are currently open until 19 February 2018 for larger projects to apply for our £2m Green Capital Grants scheme.