Find your new home at the FIRST STEPS homes show
Event: FIRST STEPS Affordable Homes Show Date: Saturday 28th September Time: 10:00am-5:00pm. Venue: Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London SW1P 3EE Tickets: FREE admittance - to register for free tickets visit https://www.sharetobuy.com/firststeps/homesshow
Aspiring home hunters looking for low cost homes to buy or rent in the capital will have the opportunity to find out about a range of new properties at the FIRST STEPS Affordable Homes Show. The free show is supported by the Mayor of London and hosted by Sharetobuy.com at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre on Saturday 28 September.
As part of the Mayor’s continuing commitment to increase the accessibility and supply of low cost housing, visitors will get a first look at new plans for high quality homes across every London borough–including brand new developments in Waltham Forest, Leyton and Woolwich, as well as fantastic schemes in Greenwich, Islington, Hackney, Southwark and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson said: “It is vital to build more homes to support London’s economy and meet its population growth. There is no greater priority than easing the strain on people struggling to find homes, and this free event offers a plethora of mortgage advice and information on the latest affordable properties to rent or buy. We’re investing huge sums in affordable housing in the capital and I hope as many home hunters as possible make it to the FIRST STEPS Affordable Homes Show.”
At the event customers can visit the Mortgage Zone where specialist mortgage advisor Censeo will be on hand to help navigate their mortgage options, the Legal Zone to understand more about the buying process, and the Property Zone to register their interest and find out what you need to know about the new low cost homes on offer.
The show is part of the Mayor’s wider work to tackle the housing crisis in London:
- The Mayor is on track to build 100,000 affordable homes
- The Mayor is helping 50,000 Londoners buy their own home
- Over 3.6 million people have visited the FIRST STEPS site and since Share to Buy were appointed in April, over 711,000 people have visited the new site and nearly 40,000 Londoners have registered to review property alerts.
- Working Londoners do not have to complete lengthy forms to access FIRST STEPS homes, and now simply register their interest in properties by contacting the housing provider directly, already sending over 58,000 property interests.
James Cartlidge, founder and Director of Sharetobuy.com, said “Share to buy is proud to be hosting the FIRST STEPS Affordable Homes Show 2013. Since April 1st our affordable homes portal sharetobuy.com has been listing every property available through the Mayor’s FIRST STEPS programme. Now we are going one step further and providing a face to face experience for Londoners who want to explore the opportunities offered through FIRST STEPS. The show gives first time buyers the chance to meet the experts and housing providers who make affordable housing schemes a reality in London. They can talk to a solicitor, have an affordability assessment with a Censeo mortgage advisor and discuss their housing options with experienced staff from London’s major housing associations.”
The show is FREE to attend but you need to register by visiting the Mayor’s FIRST STEPS property portal. The Mayor’s FIRST STEPS portal is the only site to advertise every property available on either a part buy/part rent or reduced market rent basis in the capital, helping aspiring homeowners to easily find their new home.
Notes to editors
1. FIRST STEPS is the Mayor’s programme to help low and modest income Londoners to buy or rent in the capital at a price they can afford. For more information visit https://www.sharetobuy.com/firststeps/homesshow
2. The FIRST STEPS Affordable Homes Show will be hosted by Sharetobuy.com on Saturday 28 September 2013 at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London SW1P 3EE. Doors open at 10:00am and close at 5:00pm.The show is free to attend but customers must register and bring their printed tickets with them on the day by visiting https://www.sharetobuy.com/firststeps/homesshow
3. The Mayor’s FIRST STEPS property portal was launched on 1 July 2013 to make it easier for working Londoners with modest incomes to buy or rent at a price they can afford in the capital. Coming as part of the Mayor’s Housing Covenant that will help increase supply, expand choice, and cut red tape to make it easier to buy in the capital.
4. Share to buy started out as mortgage brokers focused on affordable home ownership but in November 2010 diversified by launching a property portal dedicated to shared ownership schemes. The portal quickly went from strength to strength in generating leads for affordable housing providers not just in London but across England, utilising the firm’s specialist mortgage knowledge to incorporate affordability tools that are popular with customers and help them to understand the likely costs of buying a part buy part rent home.
5. The show’s headline sponsor is Censeo, What Mortgage Awards 2013 winner in the Best Specialist Mortgage Adviser category, who will have a team of brokers on hand in the Mortgage Zone to offer attendees a one to one mortgage discussion. The main developer sponsors are L&Q, offering the widest range of affordable homes in London; and Triathlon, whose East Village development at the site of the former Olympic Village will be one of the most exciting to be promoted at the show. There are two sponsoring solicitor firms providing expertise in the Legal Zone: Humphreys & Co. and Andersons, both with huge experience of shared ownership transactions.
MEDIA ENQUIRIES: Press information is available from Rachelle Laurence 020 7 983 4599 / 07771 814 478 or by emailing [email protected]
GENERAL PUBLIC/NON-MEDIA ENQUIRIES: Call the Public Liaison Unit at the Greater London Authority on 020 7983 4100
DUTY PRESS OFFICER: For out-of-hours media enquiries, please call 020 7983 4000