Sub-surface signalling contract
This Assembly notes the decision to re-let the signalling contract currently operated by Bombardier on London Underground.
This Assembly further notes that the press release was sent out in the afternoon of New Year’s Eve.
The Assembly calls on the Mayor to explain:
- When the decision to re-let the contract was actually made?
- Why the press release was sent out on New Year’s Eve?
- Why it has taken two and a half years to work out that Bombardier would be unable to fulfil the original contract.
- How is the timescale for the completion of the sub surface tube signal upgrade affected?
- What is the net financial impact on TfL of re-letting the contract?