Future x Skills – The Mayor’s Youth Digital Careers Event
This event will be opened by the Deputy Mayor for Business, Rajesh Agrawal, ‘Future x Skills’ will give you the opportunity to find out more about the wealth of training and career opportunities in tech, and how to get ahead of the crowd.
Future x Skills will give you the opportunity to find out more about the wealth of training and career opportunities in tech, and how to get ahead of the crowd. Though open to all Londoners, the Mayor of London wants to ensure that under‑represented Londoners aged 16-24 years old have access to digital training, opportunities and rewarding tech careers.
This event is open to all, in particular:
- Young black men
- Young BAME people
- Young women
The aims of Future x Skills
- Enable young Londoners to gain valuable insight into the fast-changing sectors with growing digital needs.
- Showcase exciting digital training and career opportunities in the various sectors, such as, fintech, gaming, health, construction, public, government, etc.
- Present different routes into this competitive sector, from apprenticeships, work experience and training opportunities in a range of leading companies that contribute to the tech sector in London.
- Offer an interactive and engaging networking opportunity with top companies like Facebook, LinkedIn, Deloitte, TfL, Goldman Sachs, Ustwo Games, Channel 4, Hs2, Wates, GoCardless and a range of start-ups and SMEs and other leading tech employers.
In addition to the employer stands and activities taking place, there will also be a gaming tournament and opportunities to hear from dynamic speakers on the following topics:
- Demystifying Careers in Digital – confused by the tech jargon? Come along and find out more about the various digital career opportunities!
- Routes into Tech – join us for alternative routes into the industry and how to get your foot in the door.
- Future-proofing Yourself - 85% of the jobs that will exist in 2030 haven't even been invented yet. How can you prepare yourself for the future?
- Insight into gaming/entertainment/media digital careers and Content is King, the Future of Media and Storytelling in a Digital Age – hosted by Create Jobs
Opportunities available on the day
Work experience opportunities and information about their upcoming apprenticeship programmes.
Work experience opportunities at their GamePad community video game events.
Paid 1 -2 week work experience opportunity in January 2020. Experience in either Quality Assurance, Marketing/Community Management or Studio Management.
This Mayor of London event is being delivered, in partnership, by the Workforce Integration Network (WIN) and the Digital Talent Programme:
Workforce Integration Network (WIN) – As part of the Mayor's Strategy for Social Integration, WIN is helping to improve pathways for under-represented groups in the workplace. The programme is currently supporting young black men aged 16 to 24 years into living wage employment in the tech sector, we are therefore particularly encouraging young black men to attend ‘Future x Skills’.
Digital Talent Programme - The Mayor’s Digital Talent Programme is a £7m scheme to make sure young Londoners have the digital skills employers want. The programme will support young Londoners aged 16 to 24, particularly young women and those from diverse ethnic and disadvantaged backgrounds to join London’s booming digital, tech and creative industries.