Team London terms and conditions for recruiting volunteers
The Team London Website is a free of charge volunteering brokerage site that allows individuals to search opportunities posted on the Website by organisations that they consider match their criteria and skills. Organisations seeking volunteers will be able to register on the Website and post opportunities.
Any organisation offering volunteering opportunities within the Greater London area is eligible to apply to register on the Team London website, providing:
- It is able to provide fulfilling volunteering opportunities
- Its programmes benefit the community
- It does not require a financial contribution from individuals participating in volunteering activities (excludes corporate groups)
These Terms and Conditions may be changed at any time without notice, so please check them every now and then. If you continue to use the website we’ll assume you agree with the new terms.
You will not use the Website and/or the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Site Administration
As part of the registration process for use of the Website, you will choose a user name and password, which is confidential and must not be disclosed to any third party.
By registering on the site, you agree to using it lawfully, and for its stated purpose only. The Team London administration team will approve all registrations and opportunities before they are published on the Website and go live. We reserve the right to reject any proposed publication of a volunteering opportunity or disable your account if you attempt to submit content that may be construed as being inappropriate, illegal or irrelevant to the Website.
3. Your Responsibilities
You agree that by using the Service and posting opportunities for volunteering on the Website that you shall be responsible for:
- managing all volunteer enquiries, within three days of receipt, and applications through the use of the Team London Dashboard;
- providing an adequate description for each of the volunteering opportunities that you post through the Service which shall include but not be limited to following information a named manager/supervisor, and any special requirements or skills;
- ensuring that volunteers do not replace paid staff. All roles should create or enhance an existing function in a way that would not happen without volunteers.
- the fair and transparent selection and recruitment of volunteers;
- any and all training that the volunteers will require to successfully participate in the opportunity;
- ensuring that there is appropriate insurance cover in place for the volunteers whilst undertaking the published opportunity;
- carrying out any appropriate security clearance checks, or other clearance that may be required by the volunteer to successfully participate in the published opportunity;
- ensuring your child safeguarding measures are compliant with current legislation and statutory guidance in relation to volunteering opportunities involving children and young people. If you do not have a child policy and protection procedures in place you may develop these using resources from the following online resources;
maintaining appropriate safeguarding policies if working with vulnerable persons (Click here to read guidance on safeguarding vulnerable people); and
- the welfare and safe working practices of the volunteer whilst the volunteer is undertaking the published opportunity.
You will be solely liable for the relationship arrangements between you and any volunteers that are created through the use of the Website and we accept no liability in this regard.
Organisations who do not comply with the above responsibilities will be removed from the Team London website immediately.
All personal data received via the Website must be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We may carry out periodic volunteer surveys to assess the quality of opportunities that are being published through the Service. This data will be shared with you as appropriate.
We will use Google analytics to run various system reports on the use of the Website and/or the Service.
We have the right to terminate your access to the Service at any time, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of these Terms and Conditions.
We may also at any time, at our sole discretion, suspend, discontinue, withdraw the Website or any part thereof without prior notice and you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Website.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, including without limitation, the text, graphics, software and source code connected with or relating to the Website and the Service. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence from us or our licensors.
We do not claim ownership of any materials you post, upload, or submit to any publicly accessible area of the Service. However, by doing so you are granting us a worldwide, royalty-free non-exclusive licence to copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publicly display, edit, translate or publish such content for as long as you elect to display such content via the Website.
7. Linking to the Website
If you wish to link to our home page you must request approval from us by emailing: [email protected] before doing so.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists, or establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and/or any claim or demand brought against us by any third party arising out of your use of the Website, the Service or any content submitted, posted, or transmitted through the Service, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, loss of profits, goodwill, business, reputation, opportunities, data, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses, howsoever suffered or incurred by us in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
9. Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English Law.
Use of the Website is at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site and any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage whether in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use our Website, or use of, or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of profit, business, sales or revenues, opportunities, data, goodwill or reputation) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements, that the content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
10. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute.