Host a Green Shabbat at your Shul
We are asking synagogues to host a Green Shabbat on Friday 5th and Saturday 6th July, Parshat Korach by carrying out one of these five actions - and preferably all!
1. Learn about Climate Change. Invite a speaker to lead a conversation. Maybe there's an expert in your shul.
2. Cut waste with a Green Kiddush. Eliminate single-use plastic and source local, seasonal and vegan food.
3. Reduce your carbon footprint. Switch your synagogue to an Eco Energy Supplier and ask your congregation to do so, too.
4. Arrange a green film screening. Try Sir David Attenborough's Climate Change - The Facts via the iplayer website
5. Register with Eco Synagogue and take the eco audit to start your shul on its journey to becoming more sustainable.