How is City Hall preparing for a new Mayor?
This meeting took place on 16 March 2016. Read the transcript here.
In early May, a new Mayor will take office at City Hall. This will mean new Mayoral Deputies, Advisors and strategies. A new Mayor may also bring a change in policies and spending priorities.
- How is the GLA preparing for these possible changes?
- What financial flexibility will the next Mayor have in the first year of their term?
- What are the risks and uncertainties facing the GLA in 2016 and beyond?
These and more questions will be asked at the Budget Monitoring Sub-Committee meeting tomorrow, as it looks forward to the next mayoral term.
The Committee will hear from:
- Jeff Jacobs, Head of Paid Service & Executive Director, Communities & Intelligence, GLA
- Martin Clarke, Executive Director, Resources, GLA
- Tom Middleton, Head of Governance and Resilience, GLA
The meeting will take place tomorrow, Wednesday 16 March from 2:30pm in Committee Room 4, City Hall, The Queen's Walk, SE1.
Media and members of the public are invited to attend.
The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Notes to editors
- Read the agenda and meeting papers.
- Gareth Bacon AM, Deputy Chair of the Budget and Performance Committee, is available for interviews. See contact details below.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Ben Walker on 020 7983 5769. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.