First look at Mayor Sadiq Khan’s budget for London
- Will there be enough money to fund the Mayor’s promises and priorities?
- What effect, if any, is the UK’s exit from the EU having on this year’s budget process?
- What discussions have gone on behind closed doors about funding the Mayor’s priorities?
The London Assembly Budget and Performance Committee will tomorrow examine the proposals for the Greater London Authority’s (GLA) Draft Core Budget 2017-18.
This Budget covers affordable housing, regeneration, sports, digital, Further Education and more.
The guests are:
- David Bellamy, Mayor’s Chief of Staff, GLA
- Nick Bowes, Mayoral Director, Policy, GLA
- Leah Kreitzman, Mayoral Director, External and International Affairs, GLA
- Jeff Jacobs, Head of Paid Service, GLA
- Martin Clarke, Executive Director of Resources, GLA
- Fiona Fletcher-Smith, Executive Director of Development, Enterprise and Environment, GLA
- David Lunts, Executive Director of Housing and Land, GLA
Findings from this meeting will inform the Committee’s Pre-Budget Report, which will be published in December.
The meeting will take place on Thursday, 24 November from 10.00am in The Chamber at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend. The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Follow us @LondonAssembly and take part in the meeting discussion using #AssemblyBudget and #MayorsBudget
Notes to editors
- Draft GLA budget for 2017-18
- Agenda Papers.
- Gareth Bacon AM, Chairman of the Budget and Performance Committee is available for interview. See contact details below.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Mary Dolan on 020 7983 4603. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.