The Election Review Panel will ask questions about the events that led to the potential disenfranchisement of some voters in polling stations in Barnet on 5th May 2016.
The Panel will also investigate the events at City Hall which led to a delay in the declaration of the Mayor and London Assembly list members. The guests are:
London Borough of Barnet
- John Hooton - Chief Operating Officer and Interim Chief Executive;
- Stephen Evans - Interim Chief Operating Officer; and
- Davina Fiore - Director of Assurance.
- Jeff Jacobs - Greater London Returning Officer;
- Mark Roberts – Deputy Greater London Returning Officer;
- Steve Gowers - Chief Executive Officer, DRS Data Services (IntElect);
- Sian Roberts - Chief Executive,ERS Group (IntElect);
- David Esling Head of Audit and Assurance - Risk Management (MOPAC); and
- Steve Snaith - Head of Technology Risk Assurance, RSM UK
- Arno Franken – RSM UK
The meeting will take place on Thursday 16 June from 10:00am in Committee Room 5 at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend.
The meeting can also be viewed via webcast
Notes to editors
- Agenda Papers
- Gareth Bacon AM, Chair of the Election Review Panel, is available for interview – see contact details below.
- Election Review Panel
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Alison Bell on 020 7983 4228. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.