Assembly focus on Old Oak and Park Royal
- 65,000 new jobs will be generated at Old Oak and Park Royal.
- The UK’s largest regeneration scheme will also provide 25,500 new homes.
- Park Royal will continue to be the UK’s largest industrial estate, housing more than 2,000 businesses.
The role of the Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation (OPDC) is to facilitate growth and enhance London’s competitive position in the global economy.
Its aim is to capitalise on the HS2 and Crossrail investment at Old Oak Common to drive forward the delivery of high quality homes and jobs.
At a full meeting of the London Assembly tomorrow, Assembly Members will put questions to the OPDC. The guests are:
- Victoria Hills, Chief Executive Officer, OPDC
- Doug Wilson, Chief Finance Officer, OPDC
- David Bellamy, Mayor’s Chief of Staff
- Fiona Fletcher-Smith, Executive Director of Development, Enterprise and Environment, Greater London Authority (GLA)
Following this, Assembly Members will submit motions on various topics.
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, 8 March from 10.00am in The Chamber at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend.
The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Follow us @LondonAssembly and take part in the discussion using #OPDC
Notes to editors
- OPDC Vision and Mission
- Full agenda papers.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Alison Bell on 020 7983 4228. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.