Austerity Policing - more cuts for the Met?
From 10.00am Thursday 11 September
The Budget and Performance Committee meets to discuss the Metropolitan Police Service’s (MPS) progress in making its required budget savings, and looks ahead at how the MPS intends to make any further savings that may be needed.
The Committee will question;
· HMI Stephen Otter, Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary
· Deputy Commissioner Craig Mackey, Metropolitan Police Service
· Lynda McMullan, Director of Police Resources and Performance, Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime
From 11.00am Thursday 11 September
The Committee examines the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) ten-year plan to deliver a lasting legacy from the Olympic Games. The Committee will also discuss the LLDC’s funding and the Olympicopolis development.
The following guests will attend;
· Dennis Hone, LLDC Chief Executive
· Neale Coleman, LLDC Deputy Chairman
· Jonathan Dutton, LLDC Director of Finance and Corporate Services
The meeting will take place on Thursday 11 September, from 10.00am in Committee Room 5, at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend. The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Notes for Editors:
2. As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Alison Bell on 020 7983 4228. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.