Coming up next week at the London Assembly w/c 2/11/15
Tuesday 3 November
Regeneration Committee – 10:00am in Committee Room 5
The Regeneration Committee will discuss how Intensification Areas are identified by the Greater London Authority (GLA) and their impact on regeneration in areas including Haringey Heartlands, Kidbrooke and Mill Hill East. The following guests will be questioned:
- Darren Richards, Strategic Planning Manager, GLA.
- Stephen Kelly, Assistant Director for Planning, LB Haringey.
- Alex Williams, Director of Borough Planning, TfL.
- Faraz Baber, Head of Planning and Development Policy, London First.
MEDIA CONTACT: Lisa Lam on 020 7983 4067
Wednesday 4 November
London and Partners – 10:00am in the Chamber
The job of London & Partners (L&P), as the official promotional company for London, is to promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital.
The London Assembly will ask questions about the work of L&P including;
- Is the government’s immigration policy and the uncertainty over EU Membership damaging the reputation of London overseas and our city's economic interests?
- How effective is London and Partners in delivering jobs, investment and tourism for London?
- What is being done to ensure that Outer London sees an increase in visitor footfall?
- What is London & Partners doing to promote the living wage and apprenticeships?
The guests are:
- Sir Edward Lister, Board Chairman, London & Partners,
- Gordon Innes, Chief Executive, London & Partners.
MEDIA CONTACT: Alison Bell on 020 7983 4228
Thursday 5 November
Environmental pressures of London's growth
Environment Committee – 10:00am in the Chamber
The Committee will continue its investigation into the environmental impacts of London’s population growth by exploring the implications around energy demand, supply and infrastructure. The guests are:
- Matthew Pencharz - Deputy Mayor for Environment & Energy
- Andrew Richmond – Policy & Programmes Manager, Greater London Authority
- Professor Chris Rapley – Chairman, London Climate Change Partnership
- Syed Ahmed – Director, Energy for London
- Will Dawson – Head of Energy, Forum for the Future
MEDIA CONTACT: Mary Dolan on 020 7983 4603
Thursday 5 November
Ordinary families can’t afford London universities
The London Assembly Housing Committee warns that families across the UK will struggle to afford to send their children to London universities unless the Mayor takes action.
In a letter to the Mayor, the Committee says affordable student housing should be extended to families on middle incomes and warns that London is at risk of becoming a dormitory for the children of the global super-rich.
MEDIA CONTACT: Ash Singleton on 020 7983 5769
Notes to editors
For more information, please contact the media team on 020 7983 4283. For out-of-hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.