London Transport heads to be grilled
This meeting took place on 12 March 2014. Read the transcript here.
The London Assembly Transport Committee will ask the questions Londoners want answers to tomorrow, when they hold a Q & A session with;
· Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner, TfL; and
· Mike Brown, Managing Director, London Underground and London Rail, TfL.
Topics to be covered include;
· Transport for London’s consultation on the closure of Tube ticket offices.
· Industrial action over the future of the tube.
· TfL’s redevelopment of Earls Court.
· Crossrail 2.
· Bus services, cycling and pedestrian safety in London.
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, 12 March from 10am in the Chamber at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1 2AA). Media are invited to attend. The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Notes to editors
2. Valerie Shawcross AM, Chair of the Transport Committee, is available for interview. See contact details below.
3. As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Alison Bell on 020 7983 4228. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.