Assembly elects new Chairman and Deputy Chair
The London Assembly today elected Roger Evans AM as its new Chairman for 2014-5. Jennette Arnold AM OBE has been elected as Deputy Chair .
At their Annual Meeting Assembly Members also established a number of committees to examine the Mayor of London’s policies and investigate issues of importance to London .
Chairman of the London Assembly Roger Evans AM said:
“I am honoured to have received the unanimous support of colleagues from all political parties in my election as Chairman of the London Assembly.
“I hope to repay that confidence by conducting meetings at City Hall in a constructive and good-humoured style, ensuring both courtesy and space for robust political discussion.”
“While there will always be disagreements on policy and ideology, I know that we are united in our constant desire to improve the quality of life for Londoners.”
Deputy Chair of the London Assembly Jennette Arnold AM said:
“I am delighted to be taking up the reigns as Deputy Chair again and can promise our Chairman Roger Evans every support in his new role.”
Notes to editors
- Roger Evans AM was elected unanimously. Roger Evan’s biography.
- Jennette Arnold was elected unanimously. Jennette Arnold’s biography.
- Memberships of Committees and terms of reference.
- Watch a webcast of the meeting.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.