How vehicles are emissions tested
Millbrook Proving Ground is a test track facility where vehicles are assessed and developed to control exhaust emissions, fuel consumption and noise. As well as testing private vehicles, Transport for London’s (TfL) vehicle fleet is also assessed and developed at the site.
You are invited to join Members of the London Assembly Environment Committee and the Transport Committee tomorrow for a unique insight into the process of emissions testing and some of the measures being taken by TfL regarding air quality.
The visit will include:
- An overview and history of Millbrook Proving Ground
- A briefing on emissions and fuel economy
- A tour of the Powertrain emissions testing laboratories
- A tour of Millbrook’s test tracks
- An opportunity for discussion with Millbrook staff members throughout.
Location: Millbrook Proving Ground, Station Lane, Bedford, MK45 2JQ
Address: Station Lane, Bedford, MK45 2JQ
Nearest station: Flitwick
Closest train station: Flitwick Station, (approx. 50 minutes from Kings Cross St Pancras). The Proving Ground is a 5 minute taxi journey away.
MEDIA ARE INVITED TO THE SITE VISIT
MEDIA CONTACT: Lisa Lam on 020 7983 4067
- Leonie Cooper AM, Chair of the Environment Committee
- Keith Prince AM, Chair of the Transport Committee
- Caroline Russell AM, Deputy Chair of the Environment Committee
- Caroline Pidgeon, Deputy Chair of the Transport Committee
Follow us @LondonAssembly and take part in the discussion using #AssemblyEnv and #AssemblyTransport
Notes to editors
- Leonie Cooper AM, Chair of the Environment Committee, is available for interview – see contact details below.
- London Assembly Environment Committee
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Mary Dolan on 020 7983 4603. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.