Deputy Mayor for Transport faces old friends and foes
Until the beginning of May this year, Valerie Shawcross CBE, was Chair of the London Assembly Transport Committee. Now, she is the new Deputy Mayor for Transport in the Khan administration.
The London Assembly Transport Committee meets tomorrow to question its former colleague about future transport plans for the capital and how she is going to ensure the Mayor delivers the transport promises set out in his election manifesto. The guest is:
- Valerie Shawcross CBE, Deputy Mayor for Transport & Deputy Chair of Transport for London (TfL)
Topics to be covered include:
- Organisational change at TfL
- Reducing congestion on London’s roads
- Oxford Street pedestrianisation
- Taxi and private hire services
- Promoting cycling and walking
- Devolution of rail services
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, 13 July from 10:00am in The Chamber at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend.
The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Follow us @LondonAssembly and take part in the discussion using #AssemblyTransport
Notes to editors
- Agenda Papers
- Caroline Pidgeon MBE AM, Chair of the Transport Committee, is available for interview – see contact details below.
- London Assembly Transport Committee.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Alison Bell on 020 7983 4228. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.