Biking Breakfast for Assembly Cycling Report launch
The London Assembly Transport Committee’s Cycling Survey conducted in November/December last year has revealed some surprising findings about how safe cyclists feel on London’s roads.
The report ‘Cycling in London – An Update’, has identified several issues which need attention much sooner than the Mayor and Transport for London were planning.
• The venue is the Triangle on Kennington Oval, SE11 4PP – diagonally opposite Oval Tube Station.
• This area is where a cycle superhighway merges with 2 other busy cycling roads - a number of cycle accidents have occurred in the vicinity.
• Some Transport Committee members will attend the launch on their bicycles.
• Cycling Commissioner, Andrew Gilligan will also attend.
• A ‘Biking Breakfast’ event is taking place.
• The Met are providing cycle markings.
• Dr Bike is doing cycle safety checks.
• Wheels for Wellbeing (representing disabled cyclists) are arriving on hand-pedalled bikes, trikes, etc.
• Cycle Survey participants and London Cycling Campaign are also attending.
There will be copies of the report, a short speech from the Transport Committee Chair, Valerie Shawcross AM - plus coffee and croissant!
The report launch of ‘Cycling in London – An Update’ - Thursday, 27 February from 8-9am at the Triangle on Kennington Oval, SE11 4PP – diagonally opposite Oval Tube Station. Media are invited to attend.
Notes to editors
1. London Assembly Transport Committee
2. Valerie Shawcross AM, Chair of the Transport Committee, is available for interview. See contact details below.
3. As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Alison Bell on 020 7983 4228. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.