Coming up next week at the London Assembly w/c 11 January 2016
Tuesday 12 January
Final Boris budget – the Mayor explains
Budget & Performance Committee – 10.00am in the Chamber
What legacy is the Mayor leaving for Londoners – and his successor?
At the third and final meeting to scrutinise the Mayor’s draft Budget, the Budget & Performance Committee will hear from:
- Boris Johnson MP, Mayor of London.
- Sir Edward Lister, Mayor’s Chief of Staff and Deputy Mayor for Policy and Planning.
- Martin Clarke, Executive Director of Resources, Greater London Authority (GLA).
- David Gallie, Assistant Director - Group Finance, GLA.
MEDIA CONTACT: Ash Singleton on 020 7983 5769
Wednesday 13 January
TfL’s cycling programmes
Transport Committee – 10:00am in the Chamber
The Transport Committee will review progress with Transport for London’s (TfL) cycling programmes, including Quietways, Cycle Superhighways, Santander Cycles and Mini-Hollands. The guests are:
- Andrew Gilligan, Mayor’s Cycling Commissioner.
- Ben Plowden, Director of Strategy and Planning, Surface Transport, TfL.
- Dr Rachel Aldred, Senior Lecturer in Transport, University of Westminster & Chair of the Policy Forum at the London Cycling Campaign.
- Cllr Daniel Anderson, Cabinet Member for Environment, LB Enfield.
- Cllr Heather Acton, Cabinet Member for Sustainability, City of Westminster.
- Martin Low, City Transport Adviser, City of Westminster.
MEDIA CONTACT: Alison Bell on 020 7983 4228
Thursday 14 January
The impact of alcohol on policing London’s Night-Time Economy
Police & Crime Committee – 10:00am in the Chamber
The Police & Crime Committee will continue its investigation into alcohol and its impact on policing London’s Night-Time Economy. The guests are:
- Samantha Cunningham, Head of Service Integrated Offender Management, Programmes and Neighbourhoods, MOPAC.
- Phillip Clifford, Policy Manager, Strategic Policy, London Councils.
MEDIA CONTACT: Mary Dolan on 020 7983 4603
Notes to editors
For more information, please contact the media team on 020 7983 4283. For out-of-hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.