Coming up next week at the London Assembly w/c 9 November
Tuesday 10 November
Private Hire Regulations Review and Third Runway Transport with TfL
Transport Committee – 10:00am in the Chamber
The Transport Committee will discuss Transport for London’s (TfL) consultation on proposals for amending Private Hire Regulation, arising out of the Private Hire Regulations Review. The guests are:
Approx. 10:00am-11:15am - Private Hire Regulations Review
- Garrett Emmerson, Chief Operating Officer, Surface Transport, TfL.
- Peter Blake, Director of Service Operations, Surface Transport, TfL.
The second part of the meeting will focus on surface transport links to a potential third runway at Heathrow.
Approx. 11:15am-12:30pm - Third runway transport
- Richard De Cani, Director of Strategy and Policy, TfL.
- Simon Nielsen, Head of Policy Appraisal and Evaluation, TfL.
MEDIA CONTACT: Alison Bell on 020 7983 4228
Thursday 12 November
Crime on public transport
Police & Crime Committee – 10:00am in the Chamber
The Police & Crime Committee will continue its investigation into crime on public transport. This second meeting will explore crimes against the person and sexual offences with a focus on the policing response. The guests are:
- Commander Jeremy Burton, Metropolitan Police Service.
- Chief Superintendent Paul Rickett, Roads and Policing Command, Metropolitan Police Service.
- Chief Constable Paul Crowther, British Transport Police.
- Commissioner Adrian Leppard, City of London Police.
- Steve Burton, Director of Enforcement and On-street Operations, Transport for London.
- Stella Morris, Head of Security and Revenue Protection Strategy, Govia Thameslink Railway.
- Neal Lawson, Director of Maintenance and Operational Services, Network Rail.
MEDIA CONTACT: Mary Dolan on 020 7983 4603
For more information, please contact the media team on 020 7983 4283. For out-of-hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.