GLA Group Budget 2014/15
This meeting took place on 29 January 2014. Read the transcript here.
Assembly Members will tomorrow consider Mayor Boris Johnson’s £17.3 billion draft consolidated budget for 2014/15.
The Mayor will be questioned on his spending plans for the Greater London Authority and its functional bodies – the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime, Transport for London, the London Fire & Emergency Planning Authority and the London Legacy Development Corporation. The meeting will then be adjourned.
From approx. 2.00pm
The meeting will resume to consider any amendments proposed by Assembly Members to the Mayor’s budget. A simple majority may pass an amendment with the Mayor under a duty to respond to successful amendments when he presents his final budget to the Assembly for its consideration on 14 February.
The meeting will take place at Wednesday, 29 January from 10am in The Chamber at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend. The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Notes for Editors:
- Full agenda papers.
- Mayor’s background statement in support of his Draft Consolidated Budget 2014/15
- Budget & Performance Committee’s Response to the Mayor’s Draft Consultation Budget 2014/15.
- This meeting is the first part of a two-stage budget setting process. The Assembly will consider the Mayor’s final budget at its meeting on 14 February; the final budget may be amended by a two-thirds majority.
- The budget setting process is set out in Schedule 6 of the GLA Act 1999 (as amended).
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.