Assembly to vote on Mayor’s final Budget
On Monday the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, will present his £16 billion final budget for 2017/18 to London Assembly Members.
The Final Draft Consolidated Budget includes the following component budgets:
- Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (including the Metropolitan Police Service budget)
- Transport for London
- London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority
- London Legacy Development Corporation
- Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation
- Mayor of London
- London Assembly
After questioning the Mayor, the Assembly is under a duty to consider the budget and approve it, with or without amendment. Amendments are subject to securing the support of at least two-thirds of the Assembly Members present and voting.
The meeting will take place on Monday, 20 February from 10am in The Chamber at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend.
The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Notes to editors
- Full agenda papers including the Mayor’s Final Draft Consolidated Budget for 2017-18.
- The budget setting process is set out in Schedule 6 of the GLA Act 1999 (as amended).
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For more details, please contact Alison Bell in the Assembly Media Office on 020 7983 4228. For out-of-hours media enquiries please call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit, Greater London Authority, on 020 7983 4100.