Transport Committee response to Mayor's Transport Strategy
There are major challenges facing London’s transport network.
Our city needs to deliver healthier streets with better opportunities for active travel, to improve the experience of travelling by public transport, and to make effective use of the transport network to help create homes and jobs.
The London Assembly Transport Committee welcomed the publication of the Mayor's draft strategy, and thanked Deputy Mayor for Transport Val Shawcross, Walking and Cycling Commissioner Will Norman, TfL Commissioner Mike Brown and Director of City Planning Alex Williams for engaging with us during the consultation period.
Comments from the Committee on the draft strategy include:
- Mode share targets are needed for walking and cycling
- Road safety targets should be tougher
- Bus network capacity needs to shift to outer London
- No proposals to integrate door-to-door services is disappointing
- Where the funding for Crossrail 2 will come from is unclear