The Housing Committee scrutinises the Mayor’s role and record in delivering the private, social and affordable homes London needs.
- Commissioned research into the growing phenomenon of property guardians in London and recommended ways to help protect property guardians.
- Looked into hidden homelessness in the capital.
- Compiled a report on TfL land and how it can be better utilised to deliver more homes in London.
You can watch previous Housing Committee webcasts here.
- Examining the Mayor’s draft housing strategy
The committee questioned the Deputy Mayor for Housing and Residential Development about the new draft housing strategy at its November meeting. We also heard from experts, industry voices and residents about their thoughts on the strategy. The committee has published its response to the strategy. Read the transcript and find further details on the meeting see here.
- Scrutinising the Mayor’s housing delivery record
The committee will use its December 2017 slot to scrutinise the Mayor’s delivery of affordable housing in London and ask how the GLA will deliver ambitious housing targets. For more information about this meeting see here.
The Committee is currently investigating how social housing residents are involved in the management of their homes across London. The investigation will seek to understand the range of different ways in which residents living in social housing can affect decisions about the management of their homes, including day to day repairs, estate improvements and budgets. The Committee will engage with local authorities, housing associations and residents during the course of this investigation.
- Protecting London's property guardians
- Housing Committee response to the Mayor's draft Housing Strategy
- Hidden homelessness in London
- Homes down the track - a marathon and a sprint for TfL - Report on how to make a better use of public land
Feedback and news coverage
In the news
Tenants' fears routinely ignored - The Times
Lack of support holds back community housing in London - New Start Magazine
Contact the Housing Committee
If you have a media enquiry about the Housing Committee, please contact:
Communications Officer - Media
020 7983 4067
If you have a general query about this Committee and its work please contact:
Committee Officer - Clare Bryant, [email protected], 020 7983 4616
If you have a query about the Mayor of London's housing work, please contact 020 7983 4000.