GLA Oversight Committee
The GLA Oversight Committee is responsible for a range of matters
- It responds on the Assembly’s behalf to formal staffing consultations from the Head of Paid Service
- Monitors scrutiny expenditure and approves the expenditure over a certain level
- Approves rapporteurship proposals
- Oversees the programming of the Assembly’s business
- Recommends to the Mayor a budget proposal for the Assembly for the financial year
- Allocates the budget for the financial year.
In addition, the GLA Oversight Committee has responsibility for scrutinising any actions or decisions taken by the Mayor on matters relating to education.
The Committee usually meets ten times a year.
Garden Bridge summons of former Mayor Boris Johnson (14 December 2017) - GLA Oversight Committee
The Emergency Services Network
The Committee is examining high-level progress with the development of the Emergency Services Network (ESN) in London, key risks and issues, and the role of the Mayor and the GLA Group in the ESN programme.
Personal Data in the GLA Group - letter to the Mayor from the Chair - 14 Nov 2017
Further Letter to the Mayor - 7 Feb 2018
Personal Data in the GLA Group - Response letter from the Mayor to the Chair - 5 March 2018
Contact the GLA Oversight Committee
If you have a media enquiry relating to the GLA Oversight Committee please contact:
External Communications Manager
020 7983 4228