Construction of a new Garden Bridge over the River Thames could begin next year after the scheme was given the green light by the Mayor of London’s office.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson visited a groundbreaking cancer research facility in Sutton today (Thursday, December 18) and lent his support to their proposals to transform it into the second biggest campus of its kind in the world.
Plans to transform Old Oak Common in West London into a brand new neighbourhood creating up to 24,000 new homes and more than 55,000 jobs came under the microscope today (Wednesday, December 17) as the London Assembly scrutinised proposals by the Mayor of London to set up a Mayoral Development...
London's New Year's Eve fireworks tickets now fully booked
• All tickets now booked following 10 week booking period
• Those without a ticket are advised to avoid the event area
• Plan ahead to make the most of one of the busiest nights of the year
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson will join members of the Jewish community and other Londoners in Trafalgar Square tomorrow evening (Tuesday 16 December) for the annual celebrations to mark Chanukah, the Jewish festival of lights.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today unveiled a state-of-the-art testing facility for the new fleet of Crossrail trains during a visit to the Bombardier factory in Derby.
Plans to create a new waterside community on the eastern edge of Canary Wharf with up to 3,610 homes and more than 17,000 jobs have been approved by the Mayor of London today (Wednesday, December 10).
• Outdated HQ sold for £370m to Abu Dhabi Financial Group (ADFG) in biggest shake up of Met estate since 1960s
• Proceeds from sale to be invested in cutting-edge technology and a leaner, more modern estate
As part of National Tree Week the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today announced plans to make London leafier by planting the final 4,300 trees in his Street Tree Initiative.
Budding tech and science start-up businesses in the capital who are looking to raise the finance they need to take their business to the next level can now take advantage of a venture capital fund for small businesses launched today (4 December).
The Mayor of London has welcomed funding commitments by the Government that promise to help deliver a series of significant housing and transport schemes in the capital.
• University College London and University of the Arts London to create two new campuses
• Victoria and Albert Museum and Sadler’s Wells will be at the core of the cultural district
A new app to make it easier for victims to report hate crime online is one of a raft of new measures aimed at tackling hate crime in the capital to be unveiled by the Deputy Mayor for Policing And Crime, Stephen Greenhalgh tomorrow (3 December).