The Mayor of London today (31 July) launched the first scheme in the UK that will enforce alcohol abstinence among offenders who binge drink through compulsory use of ankle tags. The mandatory round the clock tag monitors alcohol perspiration in an offender.
London is set to exceed its record level of population within months and risks losing its position among the world’s elite cities unless a major programme of infrastructure investment is put in place to allow the capital to continue to operate efficiently and successfully.
Thousands of people will head to Trafalgar Square this Saturday (2nd August) for the annual Eid Festival, organised by the Mayor of London, in celebration of the end of Ramadan.
The Deputy Mayor of London, Victoria Borwick, today met with representatives from the Eastern European community living in the capital, at a roundtable in City Hall.
Heathrow bosses have made the startling admission that even if the airport was to be expanded it would give no guarantee of improving regional connectivity.
• More Team London Ambassadors to provide warm welcome to capital's visitors this summer
• Team London volunteers give one million hours since 2011
• Spirit of 2012 Trust invests £450,000 to expand Team London Young Ambassadors programme
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has today announced (July 24) a new partnership with Coca-Cola Great Britain to give tens of thousands of Londoners the chance to try new sports and activities.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has tonight welcomed a decision by London Legacy Development Corporation planning decisions committee to approve a location for 'After 9/11’, a public artwork made from World Trade Centre steel recovered from Ground Zero and comm...
• England's first Business Crime Resilience Centre to protect SMEs from fraud
• Mayor of London to convene an annual Business Crime Summit
A blueprint for a rejuvenated Southall that maximises the enormous potential of Crossrail has been published by the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson and Ealing Council.
London boroughs and housing associations were today given a huge boost as the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, allocated almost half a billion pounds to over 50 housing providers to build thousands of new affordable homes in the capital.
• Comes as major review into the treatment of crime victims and witnesses, led by the Victims’ Commissioner Baroness Newlove, is published