• UK film production spend now worth almost £1.1 billion • Over 100 features shot on location in London in 2013, compared to 60 in 2012 • 75 per cent of this production concentrated in and around the capital • 50 crews shooting on the streets of London each day • 18,000 filming days in 2013...
• State of the art breast screening unit opens by Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
• Drive to boost screening amongst minority ethnic communities and women on low incomes
Sports clubs, youth groups and community organisations from across London can now apply for grants of up to £1,500 to run free sport activities.
With countries across the globe marking World Mental Health Day, the Mayor of London Boris Johnson is calling for increased awareness of mental ill health, which affects one in four Londoners and costs the capital an estimated £26 billion each year.
The Mayor of London is bidding to preserve London’s key business districts by urging the Government to reconsider proposals that could see valuable office space in the capital turned into homes.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson is today supporting the Prime Minister’s efforts to find a cure for dementia and help carers and patients living with the disease by calling for the Government and private sector to come together and fund an International Dementia Research Institute.
Thirty-four Bromley schools have achieved awards for teaching children about the importance of healthy eating, regular physical activity and emotional health and wellbeing, as part of the Mayor’s Healthy Schools London (HSL) programme.
Dressed up as Lord Rama, his wife, Sita, his brother Lakshmana, and their army of devoted monkeys and villagers, children from the local community will take part in a parade - or a Ram Yatra - to launch the Mayor of London's Diwali Festival, which takes in Trafalgar Square on Sunday, 12 October...
• Lebara and Air France to sponsor Africa on the Square
• Mayor also to host Black History Month First World War event at City Hall
• City Hall exhibition, 'From Emancipation to Windrush'
A group of ambitious London tech firms have arrived on American soil this morning (6 October) on a week-long mission to showcase their digital and technology expertise and win new investment in the capital.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson has today approved plans to build almost 700 homes on parts of the Mount Pleasant postal sorting site – after doubling the amount of affordable housing that was originally proposed.