The Mayor of London has welcomed £58m of new Government funding that his team will use to help create thousands of new jobs. The money will be spent on developing schemes that will help the capital’s employers generate new jobs and provide Londoners with the skills to fill them.
One of the largest regeneration schemes in London for decades has received the seal of approval from the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, Eric Pickles.
• World-renowned Smithsonian Institution opens official talks over a new London base at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today set out final plans for the construction of Europe’s longest substantially-segregated urban cycleways, the centrepiece of his £913 million commitment to get more Londoners on their bikes.
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson was joined by Members of the London Assembly, MPs, Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis, and Holocaust survivors today at the annual Holocaust Memorial Day ceremony at City Hall.
The Mayor of London is in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq today (22 January), at the invitation of the Kurdistan Regional Government Prime Minister, Nechirvan Barzani, where he is promoting trade links with the UK and London in an area that has become a success story for the Middle East.
The Mayor, Boris Johnson, has announced the launch of a tough new gang intervention pilot, which will see members of some of the most active gangs in London collectively punished for the criminal actions of individual members, as part of the Mayor’s ongoing commitment to tackle gang violen
• £12m to kick start restoration of heritage Thames building, an icon of industrial London
• Part of wider Silvertown vision to create 5m sq ft of new business space, 3,000 new homes and more than 20,000 new jobs
Thousands of aging council homes across the capital are set to be renovated and repaired, thanks to a £145 million funding boost from the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson.
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson has appointed award-winning actress Emma Thompson as his TB Ambassador in a bid to raise awareness of the disease which is more prevalent in London than any other capital in the developed world.
• Top teams including Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur are supporting positive activity and helping to steer young people away from crime
• New gas engines to deliver cheaper low carbon electricity for the Tube network
• Potential to heat up to 20,000 Greenwich homes, improving air quality through lower boiler emissions and reducing utility bills for residents by around 10 per cent
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today announced his intention for millions of pounds of funding for two new schemes to help Londoners into affordable home ownership and accelerate the delivery of new homes.