The Mayor of London Boris Johnson will join members of the Jewish community and other Londoners this evening (Thursday 28 November) for a celebration to mark Chanukah, the Jewish festival of lights.
To see the Mayor's YouTube message for Chanukah go to:...
The Mayor Boris Johnson and top entrepreneur and star of TV’s Dragons’ Den Deborah Meaden are calling on London’s students to come up with innovative new business ideas to cut future carbon emissions and enhance the capital’s green economy.
Plans to construct a £1 billion state-of-the-art retail and leisure development that will act as a major catalyst for regeneration in Croydon have been given the green light by the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson today (Wednesday, November 27).
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson today (Wednesday 27th November) called on hospitals to share the information that they hold on victims of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) with the police, so that girls can be protected and a true picture on the extent of this horrific practice can...
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson today announced initial new funding of more than £1 billion to deliver thousands more low cost homes as he warned that London needed at least 42,000 homes a year to meet the demands of the city’s ever increasing population....
- Mayor recognises Team London volunteers for their outstanding contribution to city life
- Barbara Windsor, Ledley King and Bear Grylls join celebrations
• First 111 schools to become members of the Mayor’s London Schools Gold Club named
• Announcement comes as the Mayor opens the first annual London Education Conference at City Hall
• Teachers, education leaders and delegates addressed by the Mayor and the Education Secretary
• New 24-hour ‘Night Tube’ service at weekends
• Further improvement in the reliability, capacity and accessibility of Tube services
• All Tube stations to be controlled and staffed while services are operating
The contribution of older Londoners to their city is the theme being debated at London’s Older People's Assembly on Thursday 21 November.
A pioneering new deal announced today will capture waste heat from London Underground tunnels and an electrical substation to help warm homes and cut energy bills.
London is sharing its expertise as a top cultural destination with cities from around the globe, as they gather this week for the second World Cities Culture Summit.
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson today launched ‘FoodSave’, a new scheme to help food businesses maximise their profits by reducing food waste and diverting surplus food to useful purposes and away from landfill.
• Website features unique tools to help Londoners reduce emissions and exposure to air pollution
• Resources for schools and businesses so they can reduce their own air pollution footprint, with case studies and informative technical guides
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson today confirmed plans for this year's New Year's Eve celebrations