London’s Deputy Mayor Victoria Borwick visited Woodlane High School in Hammersmith and Fulham today, Thursday 6th November, to see firsthand the work it has done to achieve the Mayor’s Healthy Schools London Gold status.
New report into arts spending fails to recognise that more than half the organisations regularly funded by Arts Council England in London spend 80 per cent of their time outside London
Senior figures from the public sector and some of the UK’s biggest firms – representing transport, telecoms, new media, energy, the environment, the utility providers, and the building industry - have agreed to join forces with the Mayor of London to help deliver a major programme of
• London Living Wage to increase to £9.15 per hour
• Number of accredited companies paying London Living Wage has doubled over the past 12 months to exceed 400.
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson has today (Tuesday, October 28) issued detailed planning advice to ensure that London becomes the most accessible city in the world for disabled people.
• Further consultation shows continued strong support for Crossrail 2
• Plans to be submitted to Government for safeguarding to protect a ‘regional’ route
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today announced that City Hall is to radically upgrade its data-sharing portal by adding reams of new city data and making it easier for it to be used to make the capital an even better place to live, work and visit.
• UK film production spend now worth almost £1.1 billion • Over 100 features shot on location in London in 2013, compared to 60 in 2012 • 75 per cent of this production concentrated in and around the capital • 50 crews shooting on the streets of London each day • 18,000 filming days in 2013...
• State of the art breast screening unit opens by Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
• Drive to boost screening amongst minority ethnic communities and women on low incomes
Sports clubs, youth groups and community organisations from across London can now apply for grants of up to £1,500 to run free sport activities.
With countries across the globe marking World Mental Health Day, the Mayor of London Boris Johnson is calling for increased awareness of mental ill health, which affects one in four Londoners and costs the capital an estimated £26 billion each year.