The Mayor's Education Conference 2013 will bring together London and national school leaders and international experts to debate what action is required to ensure schoolchildren in the capital receive a world class education that gives them the skills, knowledge and creativity needed for...
The Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) has given £67,677 funding to the London Borough of Bexley to cut drug-related crime through a drug intervention programme for offenders.
• Used cooking oil and other food waste products are being used to fuel London’s red buses in significant quantity for the first time
A new interactive online map of London is being launched today, which provides a uniquely detailed and comprehensive picture of London schools, current patterns of attendance and potential future demand for places across the capital.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today launched the first fully-segregated section of Barclays Cycle Superhighway and unveiled plans for similar improvements elsewhere on the road network.
• Number of accredited London companies paying London Living Wage increases 174 per cent
• New sign ups include National Portrait Gallery, Pearson and Oxfam
• Excel hosts 17 world leaders and 2,300 delegates for three days of discussion
• 120 countries represented at first ever WIEF outside of a Muslim country
Electrically-assisted bicycles will become a common sight on the streets of North London after the borough of Haringey was chosen to trial Britain’s first “Barclays Bike-style” electric cycle hire scheme.
Sitar player and composer Anoushka Shankar is set to perform at the Mayor of London's Diwali Festival, which takes place in Trafalgar Square on Sunday 27 October. Londoners from all communities, as well as visitors to the capital, are invited to attend the free event, which features a line-up...
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has hailed the return of the world’s cycling superstars to the capital as the final Tour de France 2014 route was today unveiled in Paris.
The Mayor of London visited an airport built using land reclaimed from the sea today and said that no-one should doubt that Britain could show the same ingenuity and skill in building the new hub airport the country so desperately needed to replace Heathrow.
Londoners over 50 contribute an impressive £53 billion to the economy a new report commissioned by the Mayor has revealed, dispelling stereotypes that older people are a burden on their families and the public purse.
- New Met HQ will provide a modern site fit for 21st Century policing
- Sale of current HQ- New Scotland Yard (NSY) - will provide significant capital to reinvest in frontline policing.