• Top teams including Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur are supporting positive activity and helping to steer young people away from crime
• New gas engines to deliver cheaper low carbon electricity for the Tube network
• Potential to heat up to 20,000 Greenwich homes, improving air quality through lower boiler emissions and reducing utility bills for residents by around 10 per cent
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today announced his intention for millions of pounds of funding for two new schemes to help Londoners into affordable home ownership and accelerate the delivery of new homes.
The new commission for the Fourth Plinth, Gift Horse by artist Hans Haacke, will be unveiled on Thursday 5 March 2015 in London’s Trafalgar Square. Commissioned by the Mayor of London as part of the Fourth Plinth Commissioning Programme, Gift Horse will be the tenth sculpture to be unveiled on...
With Londoners across the capital attending a host of celebrations to say farewell to 2014 and welcome in 2015, the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, said:
• Apprenticeship Grant for Employers to double from £1500 to £3000
• Businesses can apply from 1st January 2015
• Final preparations underway for New Year's Eve fireworks display
• Non ticketholders advised to avoid the event area
• Hundreds of alternative celebrations across London – but plan ahead
The Mayor of London is asking for views on detailed planning strategies that he hopes will ensure that the area around Old Street can continue to thrive as the beating heart of London’s tech sector.
Construction of a new Garden Bridge over the River Thames could begin next year after the scheme was given the green light by the Mayor of London’s office.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson visited a groundbreaking cancer research facility in Sutton today (Thursday, December 18) and lent his support to their proposals to transform it into the second biggest campus of its kind in the world.
Plans to transform Old Oak Common in West London into a brand new neighbourhood creating up to 24,000 new homes and more than 55,000 jobs came under the microscope today (Wednesday, December 17) as the London Assembly scrutinised proposals by the Mayor of London to set up a Mayoral Development...
London's New Year's Eve fireworks tickets now fully booked
• All tickets now booked following 10 week booking period
• Those without a ticket are advised to avoid the event area
• Plan ahead to make the most of one of the busiest nights of the year