The Mayor of London has welcomed commitments made in today’s Budget (18 March) that he says illustrate very clearly that the Government fully understands the extraordinary potential of London.
- 85,000th affordable home delivered at the Holland Estate in central London
- Two major Housing Zones launched in Waltham Forest & Wembley delivering thousands of homes, 12,000 new jobs, new retail & commercial space
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson today called for people across the capital and around the country to join in the national commemorations being organised to mark the 70th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day. Three days of events are being planned in London and across the UK to mark VE Day,...
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, welcomed some of London’s brightest young minds to City Hall this morning to battle it out in a ‘Dragons’ Den’ style contest for the chance to win £20,000 to launch their low carbon business idea.
Barry McGuigan will be the Grand Marshall at this year's St Patrick's Day celebrations being organised by the Mayor of London on Sunday 15 March. The boxing legend will head the colourful procession of Irish marching bands, energetic dance groups and spectacular pageantry, which will begin...
• Officer numbers rise to highest levels in three years
• Proportion of BME officers has risen 50 percent since Mayor elected
• Proportion of female officers jumps from 20 to 26 percent
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today launched a £30m fund to help both improve hostel services for homeless people and deliver new accommodation targeting young adults facing homelessness who may not be able to maintain employment or education.
A new not-for-profit sports organisation with a £5.5m budget to improve sports facilities and inspire more Londoners to be physically active was unveiled in the capital today.
Plans to fast track the delivery of approximately 2,000 homes on the site of a former Parcelforce depot in East London will be announced today (Wednesday, March 11) by the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson.
A city-wide planning strategy to deliver the economic, environmental, transport and social improvements that London will need over the next 20 years will be published today (Tuesday, March 10) by the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson.
Construction of central London’s flagship segregated Cycle Superhighways has begun as the Mayor, Boris Johnson, helped dig out the first tarmac.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today kick started National Apprenticeship Week by confirming plans for a £1.8 million scheme that will create over 3,500 new apprenticeships across the capital.
The new commission for the Fourth Plinth, Gift Horse by German born, New York based artist Hans Haacke, was unveiled by the Mayor of London Boris Johnson this morning in London’s Trafalgar Square.Commissioned by the Mayor as part of the Fourth Plinth Commissioning Programme, Gift Horse is the...
Today, the Mayor’s Street Tree scheme marks the planting of a record number of 20,000 trees along London’s roads.
• First ever pan-London domestic violence service will support victims’ recovery and help them navigate the criminal justice system
• Reported domestic abuse incidents rose last year in London by 23 percent
• Number of perpetrators brought to just is up 18.6 percent since 2012, but...