• Evans will take up his new role when he steps down as Chairman of the London Assembly on May 13th 2015
• Appointment follows Victoria Borwick AM’s decision to stand down as Deputy Mayor
On World TB Day (March 24) the Mayor of London’s TB Ambassador actress Emma Thompson and her son Tindy have issued a video message to raise awareness of the disease, which is more prevalent in London than any other capital in the developed world.
• 307 letting agents signed up, including some of London’s largest names
• Improved standards and training in every agent branch, so Londoners can rent with confidence
The Mayor of London has called on organisations to bid for shares of over £560m of new European funding that is now available to support innovation and businesses in the capital, with a particular focus on projects that can help Londoners into education, employment or training and create n
The Mayor, Boris Johnson, has hailed the hard work of the Met Police and urged them to keep up the pressure on London’s criminals as new data shows that they have hit his target of reducing seven key neighbourhood crimes by 20 percent, a year ahead of schedule.
Mayor unveils plan to boost busking and street performance across London and beyond
• Busk in London scheme, backed by Westminster, Network Rail, TfL and Ticketmaster, will make it easier to busk in the capital • London's first Busking Code of Conduct unveiled, common sense rules, devised...
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson has today announced the world’s largest roll-out of an innovative ‘traceable liquid’ to dramatically reduce burglary rates across the capital.
• 1,260 young people took part in this year’s challenge
• 136 pupils from 25 teams reached the final
• Pupils were challenged to design, build and test hydrogen-powered model cars using custom-designed Lego kits
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson, NHS England, Public Health England, London Councils and the 32 GP-led clinical commissioning groups have come together to outline how, individually and collaboratively, they will work towards London becoming the world's healthiest major city. The new...
The Mayor of London has welcomed commitments made in today’s Budget (18 March) that he says illustrate very clearly that the Government fully understands the extraordinary potential of London.
- 85,000th affordable home delivered at the Holland Estate in central London
- Two major Housing Zones launched in Waltham Forest & Wembley delivering thousands of homes, 12,000 new jobs, new retail & commercial space
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson today called for people across the capital and around the country to join in the national commemorations being organised to mark the 70th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day. Three days of events are being planned in London and across the UK to mark VE Day,...
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, welcomed some of London’s brightest young minds to City Hall this morning to battle it out in a ‘Dragons’ Den’ style contest for the chance to win £20,000 to launch their low carbon business idea.
Barry McGuigan will be the Grand Marshall at this year's St Patrick's Day celebrations being organised by the Mayor of London on Sunday 15 March. The boxing legend will head the colourful procession of Irish marching bands, energetic dance groups and spectacular pageantry, which will begin...
• Officer numbers rise to highest levels in three years
• Proportion of BME officers has risen 50 percent since Mayor elected
• Proportion of female officers jumps from 20 to 26 percent