• More Team London Ambassadors to provide warm welcome to capital's visitors this summer
• Team London volunteers give one million hours since 2011
• Spirit of 2012 Trust invests £450,000 to expand Team London Young Ambassadors programme
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has today announced (July 24) a new partnership with Coca-Cola Great Britain to give tens of thousands of Londoners the chance to try new sports and activities.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has tonight welcomed a decision by London Legacy Development Corporation planning decisions committee to approve a location for 'After 9/11’, a public artwork made from World Trade Centre steel recovered from Ground Zero and comm...
• England's first Business Crime Resilience Centre to protect SMEs from fraud
• Mayor of London to convene an annual Business Crime Summit
A blueprint for a rejuvenated Southall that maximises the enormous potential of Crossrail has been published by the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson and Ealing Council.
London boroughs and housing associations were today given a huge boost as the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, allocated almost half a billion pounds to over 50 housing providers to build thousands of new affordable homes in the capital.
• Comes as major review into the treatment of crime victims and witnesses, led by the Victims’ Commissioner Baroness Newlove, is published
• International design team sought to design 'Olympicopolis' - a world-class new cultural and educational quarter at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
• Victoria and Albert Museum, University College London and Sadler’s Wells will be part of the project
• As Mayor's #BackBusking campaign continues, 200 acts battle it out in UK's biggest street music competition
• Catch them live over next three weeks on the Tube, at Network Rail stations, St Paul's Cathedral, Somerset House, Regent Street, Westfield and other prime locations
• Lambeth and Croydon each win c£600k to pioneer school-based & community projects to improve health and attainment
• Five-year pilot – Lighter London - aims to tackle child obesity and diet related health issues
• Major retailers Morrisons, Sainsbury’s & Tesco sign up to...
Official annual crime figures released today demonstrate the clear progress being made by the Metropolitan Police Service in cutting crime in the capital compared to the rest of England and Wales. London saw a total of 698,729 offences in 2013/14 – down by over 70,000 offences in a single year...
Three leading firms of architects have released designs for the redevelopment of Heathrow Airport into a new town that could potentially support 90,000 new jobs, provide homes for up to 190,000 people and add £7.5 billion to the UK economy.
- Mayor's intervention will allow the Fulham Boys School to open as planned on its temporary site this September
- Mayor guarantees a permanent site in Fulham will be found, allowing the Education Funding Agency to release funds immediately
- City Hall secures agreement on a longer...