Location: Across Ealing, Ealing, SE1 1LB (see map)
Travel: Borough station. Union Street bus stop.
Start date: Ongoing
What will I be doing?
- We are looking for a volunteer who is passionate about supporting people in the community.
- Volunteers will work with patients recently discharged from hospital ensuring that they have access to provisions and support that is needed to maintain their health and well-being.
Main tasks will include:
• Support and empower the service user in developing their social
network, and empower them in building confidence and self-esteem
• Accompanying the individual when leaving hospital and returning home
• Supporting them to make every-day trips such as to the cash point
• Carry out one-off shopping and food bank visits for the service user
• Work alongside other agencies to support the service user, such as giving contractors access to the property
• Available to attend a local induction
• Availability and commitment to attend 4-6-weekly supervision meetings
• Supporting in accessing relevant benefits
Community Support Assistant
What impact will this have?
- Volunteers in this role help to make a difference through facilitating hospital discharges, and therefore preventing further bed blocking and further hospital admissions.
- Service users may present different needs such as mental health, substance misuse or physical health needs. You will be supporting them to gain back their independence after leaving hospital.
- Through practical support and companionship, you will be making a real difference to the individuals life.
When are you needed?Options available:
|Morning||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available|
|Afternoon||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available|
|Evening||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available|
- We are looking for a volunteer to a minimum of one full day a week.
What else do I need to know?
- As well as a DBS check for the role, we will also request 2 references for each volunteer.
- Hestia reimburses travel costs and also we give our volunteers £5 towards lunch.
- A DBS check is required
About the organisation:
What skills will be useful?
- Advice and support
What skills can I gain?
- Advice and support
- All of our volunteers receive a full induction before they begin their role, and continuous support throughout including 4-6 weekly supervisions with your Role Supervisor.
We also offer a range of Learning and Development opportunities that are available to all of our volunteers. Previous courses we have provided include:
In 2017/2018 we have held a total of 58 training sessions which include: Mental Health Awareness, Introduction to Facilitation. Adult Safeguarding, Children Safeguarding, Interview Skills, CV Writing, Cover Letters and Application Forms, Confidence and Assertiveness, Mock Interviews, Learning Disability Awareness, Mindfulness workshop, Mental Health Law - Civil Context, Mental Health Law – Criminal Context, Suicide and Self Harm awareness, Sexual Health and Culture, Listening Skills, Dementia Awareness, Improving Self Esteem, LGBTQ Awareness, FGM Awareness, Effective Communication, Depression and Anxiety, Emergency First Aid, Peer Mentoring, Stress Management, Coproduction, Recovery, HIV and Pregnancy, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence, Setting Personal Boundaries, Food Safety Level 2, Equality & Diversity, Modern Slavery and Housing Law
Across Ealing, Ealing, SE1 1LB