Non-confidential facts and advice to the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime (DMPC)
Introduction and background
- The MPS hosts the NPCC, and provides business support services including procurement under a collaboration agreement. The NPCC requirement is for a review of specialist policing capabilities based upon prioritised demand, threat and risk. The Home Office have provided the funding.
Issues for consideration
- NPCC commissioned the MPS to procure the services and MPS have used the MOPAC approved NEPRO neutral vendor route to market. The services to be reviewed include Surveillance, Roads Policing, Major Crime, Armed Policing, and four further services including Public Order and Cyber Policing.
- Ten organisations were invited to bid, and nine proposals were received. On the pre-agreed quality/commercial scoring matrix PWC scored highest overall.
- The cost of the proposed contract will be met from Home Office funding in 2016/17.
- The NEPRO neutral vendor contract was awarded in December 2015 and represents a compliant route to procure the required services
- There are no equality or diversity issues.