The Mayor and his marketing budget
- In 2016-17 over £2m was spent on advertising and design compared with £0.5m in 2017-18.
- How much have the ‘London is Open’, ‘Behind Every Great City’ and ‘London Needs You Alive’ campaigns cost?
- In 2017/18, a centralised marketing budget was established – how transparent is that budget?
The GLA Marketing, Creative and Digital teams are “responsible for promoting the work and priorities of the Mayor of London and the London Assembly.” Tomorrow, the GLA Oversight Committee will examine the marketing expenditure, its focus and its impact. The guests are:
- Leah Kreitzman, Mayoral Director, External and International Affairs
- Emma Strain, Assistant Director, External Relations
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, 4th September from 3.30pm in The Chamber, at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend.