This programme for 16-18 year olds in education helps to bridge the gap between schools and work. It was created by youth charity The Challenge and Team London, and brings together industry leaders, charities and young people.
Since launching, it has supported 5,000 young people to do 100,000 hours of volunteering. Those on the programme are rewarded for their volunteering with employability workshops. They are also
guaranteed interviews for paid work with partner businesses.
The programme consists of five consecutive stages that prepare a young person to enter the world of paid work:
- Volunteer: participants volunteer a minimum of 16 hours at a local charity
- Develop: participants develop key employability skills through workshops created with partner businesses
- Communicate: participants hone their communication skills with a masterclass delivered by AGL Young People
- Interview: all participants who complete the first three stages are guaranteed an interview for paid employment
- Work: successful candidates are offered paid work placements at partner businesses
We are totally in awe of this project. The majority of the candidates had a wide range of evidence to support their answers which showed a level of maturity and responsibility that we always want to see in interviews. New Look, Interviewing Manager.