The Mayor’s Regeneration team’s job is to encourage and shape growth in London’s town centres, economic centres and high streets.
About the Regeneration team
What do we do?
We manage regeneration funds on behalf of the Mayor and the London Enterprise Panel. We also conduct research and evaluations to make sure that these investments are made effectively.
We lead regeneration schemes throughout London. Our job is to maximise the economic and social benefits of Mayoral investment, by making sure that projects are high quality and specific.
We help local authorities, community groups and business groups to bring physical improvements to London. This might include providing business support initiatives, apprenticeships and job training opportunities.
Our current priorities are to:
- create jobs and generate economic growth in London’s high streets and town centres through the Mayor’s Regeneration Fund, the High Street Fund and selected London Regeneration Fund and Growing Places Fund projects
- realise maximum impact from funding streams, in line with the Mayor’s and the LEP’s priorities
- promote high quality regeneration through the work of the Mayor’s Design Advisory Group
- provide support to other City Hall teams to make the most of all regeneration opportunities
- improve broadband connectivity through the Super Connected Cities Plan, to enable better business performance
- work with partners to secure a sustainable long term future for Crystal Palace Park
- invest significantly in London's Further Education estate, allowing London to respond to the changing skills needs of its labour market
- manage the European Social Fund 2014-2020 Programme to help provide jobs and training for young and adult Londoners
How we work with our partners
We support our project partners by collaborating with them closely throughout an entire project. We have regular meetings with our partners, giving them advice on how to set the project up, how to write briefs and procurement documents, as well as advising on design and delivery.
Research and guidance
We publish technical guidance to aid in the development and delivery of regeneration projects. We also commission and carry out research on topics including: high streets, work space and employment land, public realm and housing intensification in town centres.
This work helps to shape future funding priorities.
The team regularly gives talks about the Mayor’s approach to regeneration and welcomes invitations.
If you have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].