Non-confidential facts and advice to the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime (DMPC)
Introduction and background
1. The Home Office is rolling out an integrated Emergency Services Network (ESN) that will replace the current National Airwave network which the MPS currently uses. For the MPS to be compliant with the Home Office recommendations, the MPS control centres, the Integrated Communications and Control System (ICCS) platform and radio terminals need to be ESN ready between July 2017 and 2020.
Issues for consideration
2. This paper is requesting the early release of £8.6m for the modification of the ICCS platform by Frequentis, and £0.5m for MPS programme team costs for the remainder of 2015/16.
3. The total implementation costs of the Emergency Services Network Delivery Programme until 2020 is £68.2m, the Home Office has agreed that funding will be available; however, currently it is not clear how much funding will be provided, the estimate is £35.5m.
4. Full details are contained in the attached report.
5. Frequentis own the IPR and has no legal obligation to sell or assign the IPR to a third party. Any modifications to the ICCS can only be implemented by Frequentis. The procurement route is to use the negotiated procedure without prior publication of an OJEU notice.
6. Full details are contained in the attached report.
7. The equality and diversity impact assessment will be conducted as part of the production of the Final Business Case.