Housing Investment Group Terms of Reference
Terms of reference
The main functions of the Group are:
- To monitor and make recommendations on the delivery of the GLA’s housing investment programmes and other programmes within the GLA’s Housing and Land Directorate, including contract management and variations with registered providers;
- To consider all land acquisitions and disposals prior to any decision by the Mayor or GLA officers as delegated;
- To consider and make recommendations to the Mayor or GLA officers as delegated on housing and housing-led regeneration projects/programmes.
- To consider and make recommendations to the Investment and Performance Board on housing and housing-led regeneration projects/programmes where:
o there is proposed expenditure that has no agreed budget;
o the project is considered novel, contentious or repercussive; and/or
o it is likely that the proposal will be of interest to other Mayoral advisers.
- To give consideration to the use of wider GLA group funding or assets in support of housing projects.
Other functions of the Group are:
- To provide strategic direction for and support the preparation of the Mayor's housing strategy, and to take an overview of associated business planning and implementation processes;
- To provide a steer to GLA Group executives at the early stages of project development and offer strategic advice on senior/strategic stakeholder engagement;
- To advise and support the Mayor in exercising his housing powers by:
o ensuring housing investment decisions are fully aligned with planning decisions;
o co-ordinating the activities of public sector investors in housing in London;
o agreeing protocols for joint working across agencies to deliver the Mayor’s strategic aims;
- To review Borough Investment Plans and make recommendations to the Mayor/Homes for London; and
- To submit to Homes for London a quarterly report on the Group’s decisions and discussions.