The London Enterprise Adviser Network is a fully funded programme that helps to prepare young people for the world of work by connecting businesses with London schools.
Enterprise Advisers, who are business volunteers working in senior roles, work with careers leads in schools to develop careers education and business engagement strategies. This ensures that young people are equipped with the skills they need.
Enterprise Coordinators help businesses to engage with schools and careers education teachers to have access to the best local careers resources.
Mayor’s Fund for London and Team London are funded by the Careers & Enterprise Company, Central London Forward, and City Bridge Trust to deliver the London Enterprise Adviser Network.
We are piloting the programme in the following boroughs:
|Barking & Dagenham||Kensington &Chelsea|
|City of London||Lewisham|
I joined the Enterprise Adviser Network to be able to do volunteer work where I felt it actually assisted young people in their future career goals. As a talent consultant, I very often hear education blame industry for not assisting in the careers curriculum enough and industry blame education for not acting quickly enough, so to be able to do something to change that was appealing. Martin Warner, Secret Talent
It is important to connect school leaders with business volunteers because it makes the world ahead of them become realistic. Meeting business volunteers gives them a deeper understanding of what the world of work is like. The volunteers add invaluable expertise to the school. Georgina Barnes, Harris Primary Academy Benson
Who can be an Enterprise Adviser?
We are looking for self-driven, passionate individuals who are committed to supporting London’s schools and young people to join this new and exciting Network. Enterprise Advisers will need to commit at least eight hours (one working day) per month for a minimum of one academic year. The role description is available below.
What are the benefits of becoming an Enterprise Adviser?
The Enterprise Adviser Network offers you the chance to make a real difference to young people and schools in London. Through your involvement as an Enterprise Adviser you can develop your skills and involve your wider organisation and professional networks.
Interested in applying?
If you would like to apply to become an Enterprise Adviser, please click on the link to complete the online application form. Once completed, a member of the Enterprise Coordinator team will be in touch regarding next steps.
You can get in touch with the team at [email protected]
What you can expect from Team London when you volunteer as an Enterprise Adviser:
- We will give you a clear and defined role description
- We will provide an open and fair recruitment process to recruit the best volunteers for the roles available
- We will offer opportunities where volunteers add value and complement existing programmes
- We will give you the appropriate training and tools required to do your role effectively
- Our staff are experienced volunteer managers and will provide support so you get the most out of your volunteering experience, including development opportunities
- We want to continually improve our programmes, so we’ll ask for your views and ideas during feedback sessions throughout your time with us
- We will provide you with the tools and support so that you can communicate positive stories about your volunteering experience
- We will provide you with an accreditation/identity badge as appropriate
- We will follow the established Policies and Procedures of Team London in relation to your role
- We will resolve any complaints promptly and fairly
- We will work within our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and ensure that volunteers are able to carry out their duties in safe, secure and healthy environments that are free from harassment, intimidation, bullying, violence and discrimination
- We will celebrate and recognise your successes and achievements
- We will work to unite people from across London through volunteering
What Team London can expect from you as an Enterprise Adviser:
- You will undertake training appropriate to your role
- You will support our values and show respect for your fellow volunteers and Team London staff
- You will volunteer within our established Policies and Procedures and the parameters of your role
- You will wear your accreditation/identity badge at all times during your volunteering
- You will wear a uniform during your volunteering
- You will not bring children, other family members or friends with you during your volunteering
- You will not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during your volunteering
- You will be active in providing feedback about your voluntary work and bring any comments or concerns you have to your supervisor or member of Team London
- You will support us to communicate positive stories about volunteering with Team London
- You will not speak to the media unless you have been asked to by member of Team London staff
- You will uphold the reputation of Team London throughout your time as a volunteer, especially to the media, and set an example to other Team London volunteers
What support do I get as a school?
The programme is free to all schools. Participating schools will be matched with two Enterprise Advisers, who have committed to working with the school for a minimum of one day a month for one academic year.
What are the benefits of joining the London Enterprise Adviser Network?
Through the Enterprise Adviser Network schools will have access to a number of benefits including:
- The support of up to two Enterprise Advisers, who will be recruited, trained and supported by our team of Enterprise Coordinators.
- Comprehensive toolkits and resources that can be used to articulate and strengthen the school’s careers offer for your students.
- The opportunity to attend careers focussed events both for teachers and students.
- Experienced business volunteers who can help your school develop an impactful careers education and business engagement strategy.
- The support of a wide network of business volunteers and their own networks to offer opportunities for your students to meet with people from the world of work, and the chance for you to connect with business in your local area.
- Insight into the many different career paths into the world of work and the appropriate paths for different careers and different students.
- Support in selecting appropriate careers programmes that help your students learn about the world of work.
Enterprise Advisers are recruited and trained by a dedicated team of Enterprise Coordinators.
Interested in joining?
If you would like your school to join the Network, please click on the link below to complete the enquiry form. Once completed, a member of the London Enterprise Coordinator team will be in touch regarding next steps.
You can get in touch with the team at [email protected]