The Mayor’s Regeneration team’s job is to encourage and shape growth in London’s town centres, economic centres and high streets.
About the team
What do we do?
We manage regeneration spending on behalf of the London Economic Action Partnership (LEAP). We also conduct research and evaluations to make sure these investments are made effectively.
On February 2 2017, the Government announced Growth Deal 3, awarding the LEAP £141.28m for new skills, good growth, affordable homes and air quality projects. Our job is to maximise the economic and social benefits of this Mayoral investment.
We help local authorities, community groups and business groups improve London. This might include providing business support initiatives, apprenticeships and job training opportunities.
Our current priorities are to:
- help the Mayor improve London through Crowdfund London, the Good Growth Fund, Skills for Londoners Fund and European Social Fund
- realise maximum impact from funding streams, in line with the Mayor’s priorities
- promote high quality regeneration through our Specialist Assistance Team, Architecture, Design & Urbanism Panel, and the Mayor’s Design Advocates
- provide support to other City Hall teams to make the most of all regeneration opportunities
- work with partners to secure a sustainable long term future for Crystal Palace Park
- invest significantly in London's Further Education estate, allowing London to respond to the changing skills needs of its labour market
- manage the European Social Fund 2014-2020 Programme to help provide jobs and training for young and adult Londoners
How we work with our partners
We support our project partners by collaborating with them closely throughout an entire project. We have regular meetings with our partners, giving them advice on how to set the project up, how to write briefs and procurement documents, as well as advising on design and delivery.
The team regularly gives talks about the Mayor’s approach to regeneration and welcomes invitations.
If you have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].