Newer Vehicle Checker - BETA
The Newer Vehicle Checker will show you how much nitrogen oxides (NOx) pollution newer cars and vans emit in real-world driving conditions and not just in lab tests.
Check the rating for the new or nearly-new car you’re thinking about buying - the NOx emission rating goes from A+ (best) to H (worst).
Tips for using the tool:
- 'Model year' refers to the year a vehicle design is produced and not the year it is built or sold. If you’re unsure about the vehicle’s model year, ask your local dealership
- CO2 emissions are listed to help you compare between models
- See more tips below if you can't find your vehicle
Can't find your car?
This might be because:
- Your chosen car or van hasn’t been tested yet. Emissions Analytics is regularly testing vehicles and updating the Newer Vehicle Checker as ratings are assigned to them, so it may be on the Checker later
- You're looking at an older vehicle. The Newer Vehicle Checker only displays Euro 6 vehicles, most of which were manufactured after September 2015. Soon you'll be able to check some older vehicles on the Used Vehicle Checker
- You're not using the actual model year to search - this may be different from the year the vehicle was made
- You're searching for information on an electric vehicle. Electric vehicles are not featured on the Newer Vehicle Checker because they do not produce tailpipe emissions. Learn more about how you can go ultra low with an electric vehicle.
Help us improve the checker
This is a BETA version of the Newer Vehicle Checker tool. We're working on updates - you can help by telling us your car buying plans.
The Newer Vehicle Checker covers cars and vans that meet the Euro 6 standard. This is the latest limit set for on how much polluting gas a vehicle sold in the EU can emit.
|Rating||Level of pollution|
|A+||Achieves the current Euro 6 NOx emissions limit for petrol cars (0.06 g/km) and are the least polluting|
|A||Achieves the current Euro 6 NOx emissions limit for diesel cars currently on sale (0.08 g/km)|
|B||Vehicle emits up to 1.5 times more NOx than current limit for diesel cars|
|C||Vehicle emits around 2.3 times more NOx than current limit for diesel cars – equivalent to the Euro 5 diesel limit|
|D||Vehicle emits around 3 times more NOx than current limit for diesel cars – equivalent to the Euro 4 diesel limit|
|E||Vehicle emits around 6 times more NOx than current limit for diesel cars – about half of a Euro 6 double deck bus|
|F||Vehicle emits around 6-8 times more NOx than current limit for diesel cars about the same as a Euro 6 double deck bus|
|G||Vehicle emits around 8-12x times more NOx than current limit for diesel cars|
|H||Vehicle emits over 12 times more NOx than current limit for diesel cars – roughly equivalent to the emissions of two Euro 6 double deck buses|
The information contained in the Newer Vehicle Checker is for general information purposes only.
The information, including vehicle details and emissions ratings, are provided through the EQUA Index, which is owned by Emissions Analytics Limited. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Emissions Analytics actively tests new vehicles and will keep ratings for the Newer Vehicle Checker up to date. More than 900 vehicles have been tested so far, covering a range of makes, models and engine types. Where a specific model has not been tested, Emissions Analytics can show results for the nearest equivalent model.
In no event will the GLA be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.