National Park City Festival: London 2019
What is the National Park City Festival?
The festival runs from 20-28 July 2019 and will be London's largest free celebration of the outdoors, aimed at people of all ages. There’ll be fun activities from culture and health and fitness to wildlife, the environment and more. We’ll also be encouraging Londoners to discover new spaces and find fresh ways to get in touch with nature. We want to give all Londoners, organisations and businesses the opportunity to take part. With your help, we can make our city greener, healthier and wilder.
Details of how to submit an activity as part of the festival are listed below.
What kind of activities will there be?
There will be a number of flagship events alongside community and organisation-led activities.
- National Park City Stage: For the opening weekend of the festival, we will host a spectacular free cultural programme in partnership with the National Theatre, on their outdoor River Stage at the heart of London’s South Bank. Performances will celebrate everything green and wild about the city. There will be a mix of dance, theatre and music, with a range of performances for all ages.
- National Park City Rooftops: In partnership with Open City, organisers of Open House, we are offering free access to some of London’s most dynamic and beautiful rooftop gardens and natural spaces. The full programme will be announced later in the year.
- National Park City Splash: London’s first multi-site outdoor swimming and paddle sports event will take place across some of London’s open water spaces. All abilities will be welcome to try their hand at activities such as stand up paddle boarding and open water swimming.
We'll announce details of other exciting flagship festival events very soon. Watch this space!
National Park City Festival: Submit Your Activity
If you want to host an activity or event during the festival, you can submit it to be considered for our event listings and programme via the button below. This will open up a new page where you will be asked to create an account in order to submit and moderate your activities. The full National Park City Festival listings and printed programme will be published later in the year on the run up to the festival, which will be seen by hundreds of thousands of Londoners.
By adding your activity to the listings, you will be able to showcase the fantastic work that your organisation is doing in London, reach wider and more diverse audiences who are already engaged in the National Park City Festival, and be part of a fantastic movement to make the city greener, healthier and wilder.
All activities must:
- be free for audiences to attend
- take place outdoors in Greater London
- take place between 20-28 July 2019
Any activities submitted before Friday 3 May may also be included in our printed programme, distributed at all of our flagship festival events. Any activities submitted and approved after this date will be visible online only.
Please note that the Activity Listings Site is not currently supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer. Please try an alternate browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge.
National Park City Festival: Community Activity Grants
Community Activity Grants are now closed. Thank you to all those who applied - we will be in touch soon.