Barnfield Primary School 2019/20
What problems were in your school and how did you identify them?
- Low attainment on entry
- Children who are new to English
What actions did you take?
- We have clear procedures in place to track children on entry and to identify need.
- We run key interventions throughout our year groups to target both academic and social/emotional issues and to support parents.
- We have booster classes to support teaching of key skills in reading, writing and maths.
- We place a high importance on developing skills with structures in place, to enable children to achieve.
- We have a rich curriculum which provides children with many opportunities to develop skills in a creative way.
- We celebrate success and give children something to aim for.
What were the outcomes?
Our data shows that children leave us achieving above national average.