Too often, smart city thinking has been driven by a rush towards integrating new digital technologies, without understanding citizens’ needs first. London’s creative strengths in design can play a major role.
We want to respect the diversity of our great city when we develop new digital services and will work in collaboration with partners to build this into a city-wide approach.
The Mayor is starting with the following initiatives:
- leadership in design and common standards to put users at the heart of what we do
- develop new approaches to digital inclusion to support Londoners' access to public services
- launch the Civic Innovation Challenge to spur innovation from the tech sector
- explore new civic platforms to engage citizens and communities better
- promote more diversity in tech to address inequality